If you’ve got any of the pieces I want to list below, then you’re good in 2018. Just keep them shining and treat them nicely; lol they’ll be worn a lot this year.
1. Fanny packs: although it will still be a trend this year I have a feeling by the last quarter of the year, we’ll be bored. But for now, keep rocking it. It was all over the runway for ss18 collections and designers are of course revamping it.
2. Plastic: this trend is one that I actually want, I think we all saw it’s not just for girls as Davido wore it in one of his music videos. And this trend doesn’t look like one that’s going away anytime soon. Because it’s plastic everything, with designers like Valentino, Chanel having it in their spring ’18 collection. Whether it’s a jacket, dress, shoes or even bags this plastic works. Remember I said ‘plastic everything ‘
3. Plaid: this can also be called plaid everything, it’s no longer the usual plaid blazers or skirts. Now there are accessories being made of plaid. I like the trend too and I paired mine with an abstract print here.
4. Lavender : I mentioned here I wasn’t sure if mustard yellow was going to be a trend this year. But I am sure lavender is😊. I am happy to tell you to bring out those lavender outfits mum got for you years back and you weren’t sure you liked it because of the color. Now you won’t be the only one wearing it. I should just say pastels in general.
Photo credit: Pinterest.com
5. Florals: whether it’s a dress, tunic set, or just a floral inspired accessory. It looks real good trust me; of course when styled properly. Imagine a ‘lavender floral dress’, it would look amazing. Well you know the deal, launder your floral outfits and keep them safe.photo credit: Pinterest.com
I know I said ‘5’ but I had to sneak in a beret. Lol to think some of us hated wearing this and now we’ve got fashion designers trying to revamp them just to make it look good. If you didn’t have a beret last year, you might want to get one now before it becomes too expensive. I am sure you also know it’s not just for girls as we saw both Wizkid and Tiwa wear it in ‘Ma lo’s video’
Photo credit Ig @janemichealekanem
Thanks for stopping by.
And yes there’s going to be a new post everyday, stay updated by subscribing to the blog😘